Subject: Re: Apple UFS and FFS?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Lasse =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Hiller=F8e?= Petersen <lhp+news@toft-hp.dk>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/02/2004 21:41:32
In article <200409021346.55700.abuse@spamalicious.com>,
 abuse@spamalicious.com (Charles M. Hannum) wrote:

> No, they are not quite compatible.  Our FFS code has some small hacks to
> recognize Apple UFS partitions (based on the partition type) and deal with
> the minor differences.
>
> Doing it the other way (using our FFS on OSX) may not be reliable.

Thanks, that's good to know, fortunately I happened to do it the other
way round.

Meanwhile, I've deleted the Apple_SVR2 partitions (except swap), remade
them as Apple_UFS (from Disk Utility) and reinstalled 2.0BETA on the UFS
file systems. It seems to work fine. I had never dreamed that I would be
able to edit NetBSD /etc files from BBEdit! :-)

-Lasse