Subject: Re: mesh problems
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/02/2004 22:57:53
In article <413668FE.A1A94301@tiscalinet.it>
rollei@tiscalinet.it wrote:

> but why ? it is a bug ? an incompatibility? or some "marginal" error
> with some disk setup?

I heard mesh hardware is a bit fragile to drive the SCSI bus properly
and mesh driver doesn't have robustness to handle unexpected errors.
You could call it a bug, but it isn't easy to fix.

> since this is the default setting it doesn't look good. how do I switch
> this setting ?

GENERIC disables sync transfers on mesh by flags 0xffff
(configuration of the flags is the same with esp(4) though
 mesh(4) doesn't support disconnect and tagged queuing),
but wrong device settings may also cause errors which confuse
mesh driver.
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp