Subject: Re: macppc boot process.
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/02/2004 22:46:25
In article <20040901102755.75f7b36d.hockey@dialectronics.com>
hockey@dialectronics.com wrote:

> Ok, that answers one part of the question. The other part would be the
> choice of 0xe00000 as the link location for ofwboot. Why not put it
> under the kernel, instead of out where it is?

I don't know, but maybe no one knows whether the region (before 0x100000)
is safe? (or 0x100000 was just taken from original NetBSD/powerpc?)

Anyway, even if we can use the area, we should move kernel TEXTADDR
rather than to use it for bootloader because bootloader doesn't
have to be preserved once after a kernel is loaded.
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp