Subject: Re: Powerbook G4 doesn't boot
To: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
From: davide <d.zanon@infinito.it>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/01/2004 17:56:42
Tim Kelly wrote:

>On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 13:18:41 +0000
>davide <d.zanon@infinito.it> wrote:
>

>>The second is really infinite... what can I do? Which part should I
>>post (or attach)?
>>Which part is useful?
>>

>My fault. I was using the syntax for dump instead of dis. Try
>
>%SRR0 10 - dis
>
>That should disassemble 10 instructions before the currently executing
>instruction. Also, do it from the link register as well -
>
>%LR 10 - dis
>
>Have you tried netbooting the kernel? I have found that mysterious
>kernel panics during booting can be the result of discontiguous files on
>the boot media.
>
>tim

Thank you very much for your patience! You've been very kind.
But these commands' otputs still are very very long...
BTW I found the solution. The kernel I had put in my custom CD
was netbsd-GENERIC_MD.gz. I had changed its name to
netbsd.macppc but I had forgotten to gunzip it... I've been *a bit*
silly ;-)!
Now I tried netbsd-INSTALL.gz and it works. I'm happy :-)!

Thanks again for your help... I think it will soon be useful to me...

Davide