Subject: Re: mesh problems
To: netbsd-macppc <port-macppc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Riccardo Mottola <rollei@tiscalinet.it>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/30/2004 17:00:16
Riccardo Mottola wrote:

> Hello,
>
> what at first I thought were ethernet problems reveal themselves to be
> possibly SCSI or deeper problems?
>
> Even when running from local console I get those:
>
> mesh0: timeout state 3
> mesh: resetting DMA

<cut>

> Since I once had this with problematic terminations I double checked: I
> have 2 HD and a CD-ROM. Onlz the cd-rom at the end of the chain has
> active termination enabled via a jumper and this is the disk that
> contains NetBSD.

I tried swapping the order of the disks on the scsi-chain (this means
also that the other disk now has the termination enabled). Although at
first it seemed promising, this setup showed the same error.
Since the system works fine under MacOS and MkLinux... I wonder if it
could be a kernel problem. It's running a 2.0 from June, maybe time to
update. But updating a system with bad disk behavior is not fun.

-Riccardo