Subject: mesh problems
To: netbsd-macppc <port-macppc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Riccardo Mottola <rollei@tiscalinet.it>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/30/2004 14:33:33
Hello,

what at first I thought were ethernet problems reveal themselves to be
possibly SCSI or deeper problems?

Even when running from local console I get those:

mesh0: timeout state 3
mesh: resetting DMA

then during a CVS the machine locked up and at reboot fsck fails, I get
an unexpected file type in an inode and I am at loss.

In any case I suppose mes is the internal scsi bus? also the external
has no devices connected.

Since I once had this with problematic terminations I double checked: I
have 2 HD and a CD-ROM. Onlz the cd-rom at the end of the chain has
active termination enabled via a jumper and this is the disk that
contains NetBSD.

So this time... I scratch my head. And have a potentially unusable
system :(

-Riccardp