Subject: Re: Powerbook G4 doesn't boot
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/30/2004 13:50:54
On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 21:09:16 +0000
davide <d.zanon@infinito.it> wrote:

> >> NetBSD/macppc OpenFirmware Boot, Revision 1.10
>  >> (autobuild@tgm.netbsd.org, Mon Aug  16  15:05:30 UTC 2004)
> 6866872/
> Decrementer exception at       %SRR0: 00e00378     %SRR1: 00083030
>   ok
> 0 >
>
> If I repeat the command, after loading .text it says
> CLAIM failed
>   ok

The claim failed is because the bootloader memory is still claimed from
the previous attempt. While it is possible to manually free the memory,
it is easier to simply reboot.

The following will help with identifying the problem:

In OF, after the failure, type

.registers
%SRR0 10 - 20 dis

(two lines - that's a period before "registers" and a minus sign after
the 10)

The first will show the registers and the second will do a disassembly
of the ten instructions before and after the PC register (or should, if
Apple fixed the dis command with your version of OF).

hth,
tim