Subject: Re: macppc boot process.
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/30/2004 12:23:03
On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 12:59:01 -0700
Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org> wrote:

> Tim, could you please get your mailer to use a different form of quote
>
> marking? Like prefixing each line with '> '. Please. :-)

My apologies about the bad mail etiquette. I've been migrating from
MacOS 9 and I have not been completely able to replace the functionality I had in email. I have several email accounts that I have to respond to as from that email account. I've been able to get sylpheed works (as of today, but I'm still sorting out the right settings so please pardon the intermediate mess), but up until then I've had to respond via a web page interface my email host provides. I was not aware that the emails were going out in less than clean form, as the web page interface did autowrapping for me.

> Offset 0?? Don't do that. ;-) You'll have that msdos partition
> overwriting the Apple Partition Map, and who knows what else will be
> messed up.
>
> I'd suggest using Apple tools to partition the disk, incluiding a 2 MB
>
> partition to be the MSDOS partition. Then set up an MBR that has a FAT
>
> partition that exactly matches the one you have in the APM.
>
> Take care,
>
> Bill

Ok, good advice that I will explore. However, is it that OF 1.0.5 can not read HFS, or is that it can not read Apple Partition Maps (before even getting to an HFS partition)?

thanks,
tim