Subject: Re: X on 8600 update
To: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/29/2004 15:02:42
Hello,

> well, i think i figured out what the monitor sync problem was.  the monitor
> now doesn't sync at all, and smells like burnt electronics.  *sigh*
ouch :(
Damn, I forgot to warn about XFree sometimes programming weird video timings when VGA register access isn't working properly for whatever reason - totally forgot that there are still monitors that can't cope with that :(

> added wsmouse1 at ams1 and changed XF86Config, but haven't had a chance to
> try it yet due to the monitor burning up.
> is there any chance of getting the onboard video working?
use Xmacppc as Xserver, it should just work, although unaccellerated, 8bit and only in the resolution set up by OF.

good luck
Michael