Subject: Awacs port selection doesn't work?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Bex <Peter.Bex@student.kun.nl>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/28/2004 23:15:33
--XsQoSWH+UP9D9v3l

Hi again,

I just found out my iBook's awacs soundchip actually works, it just only wa=
nts
to play to the headphones.  Now, in the awacs code, there is mention of
there being support for the internal speakers, too (weirder, the output def=
aults
to the speakers...).  I looked around a bit and it seems audioplay is the
only application I could find that actually allows the user to select the
output port.
But when I use its -p switch like so:

$ audioctl -p speaker test.wav

I get:
audioplay: failed to set audio info: Invalid argument

The strange thing is, if I use -p to set (what I assume to be) the default
behaviour, like so:

$ audioctl -p headphone test.wav

I get the same error message!  Am I missing something here?
Also,

$ mixerctl -w monitor.output=3Dheadphones
and
$ mixerctl -w monitor.output=3Dspeaker

don't seem to have any effect at all.  Audioctl shows me

play.avail_ports=3D0x0

So I guess somehow only the headphones are available at all?
I see some messages in the mailinglist archives that mention the monitor.ou=
tput
thing not having any effect, but there's no real response to those question=
s.
(Apple not releasing specs doesn't help either, of course)

Again, please CC me.

Regards,
Peter
--=20