Subject: Re: X working, need mouse
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/28/2004 12:52:25
On Sat, Aug 28, 2004 at 12:14:50PM -0400, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> hmmm, i think i have X using /dev/wsmouse, let me change that to /dev/wsmouse0
> and see what happens.

ok, here's the update.

the trackball still does not work, however, that isn't a major issue, since i
need to solve the following issues first.

the X server does one of two things when i start it.

a) it starts, blackbox loads, then the screen turns off, then back on, then
	 back off, then back on, etc, until i ^C the startx session (done from a
	 telnet session) and it all shuts down.

b) it gets as far as xf86OpenConsole and then hangs the machine.  i have to
	 power it off and turn it back on.

the annoying part is OF doesn't use the matrox as console, so i need to plug
the Apple monitor back in to see console output.

what do i need to do to get this working?

-brian
--
"The cats tend to administer themselves, and contrary to the expected facts,
the house and everything in it was installed for their benefit."   -- Nic Clews