Subject: Re: 8600 and X, new info
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/27/2004 14:42:37
On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 02:24:55PM -0400, Michael wrote:

> Well, that should be enough to get it to work with my patches (with the hacks enabled)  :)

well, patched, need to rebuild kernel with hacks...

> > ofb1 at pci1 dev 11 function 0: Apple Computer Control
> > ofb1: 640 x 480, 8bpp
> > wsdisplay at ofb1 not configured
> >
> That's weird - maybe hardwireing wsdisplay0 to ofb0 in your kernel config helps...

ok, so i would like to use both the onboard video and the matrox card, will
your patch allow me to do that?  do i *need* to get ofb1 wired to wsdisplay?
or will it work as is since the OF and netbsd's portion of OF grok it as is?

-brian
--
"The cats tend to administer themselves, and contrary to the expected facts,
the house and everything in it was installed for their benefit."   -- Nic Clews