Subject: Re: xmodmap problem (was Re: X11 on iBook G4 = blank screen)
To: Peter Bex <Peter.Bex@student.kun.nl>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/27/2004 13:43:25
Hello,

> > Similar problem again - the UK layout that comes with XFree seems to be identical to the US layout - use xmodmap to swap keys around, store your modified keymap somewhere and add a call to xmodmap to your .xinitrc...

> I'm now setting up a modmap, but I found that the paragraph/plusminus key
> produces the same keycode (135) as the fn key.  Does that happen on your
> system too?  If not, which XkbModel, XkbLayout and XkbVariant do you use?

I didn't set up any Xkb stuff and never bothered with the paragraph thing, in fact I mainly use a Sun Type 6 USB keyboard in X11 instead of the UMAX one ( which seems to be a rebadged Apple Extended II ) - both don't have fn keys.
I remember remapping backspace and \|, probably a few others but not a lot.

have fun
Michael