Subject: Re: mc0 performance
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Riccardo Mottola <rollei@tiscalinet.it>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/27/2004 15:12:51
Hello,

I have mc0 on my 9500 too and it is almost unusable. Really bad. And a
pity, it must be a real bug of NetBSD (both 1.6 and 2.0) it keeps saying
"resetting DMA every few minutes" and the card works fine under Linux,
MkLinux, Darwin and even BeOS !
mine is onboard.

I have also a Digital card PCI which used to work fine until last time I
tried, so now working on NetBSD and testing stuff from Michael is really
really a pain. You cannot even type in telnet often.

Michael wrote:

> Hello,
>
> > I have a Umax Supermac S900 with a mc0 on a tiny daughterboard.  I get
> > about 1.2kB/s from it when it is not stalled.  This is not satisfactory
> > for downloading a ~2MB compressed kernel. :-) Does anybody know what is
> > going on?
no I don't, but I presume a bug.

> No idea, works fine for me, although I didn't really stress test it.
> If you have an E100/Mercury card - I've made a patch to get the
> ethernet part working. I get ~6MB/s through it :)

nice for you.

-Riccardo