Subject: Re: on after power fail.
To: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@floodgap.com>
From: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/23/2004 05:40:30
>> Ah. I suspect this is a case of my remembering the functionality being
>> present in the Quadra machines, but it having a different mechanism
>> depending on the model. I know for certain that the Quadra 700 (and it's IIci
>> predecessor), the Quadra 800, and at least the first year of IIsi machines
>> had the rotatable power button-- use of those models was a requirement
>> for the Apple Internet Router servers I installed a plethora of back in
>> those days. :-) (As was Macsbug with an "auto-reboot" config... ;-)

Does anyone know what the OF setting is for this? It'd be nice; I've
already had one powerdown without powerup on a colocated 9600 - made me
wonder if I should just plug in an ADB keyboard and put a fat rubber band
around it which holds down the power button...

I suppose the next time I have some time, I'll dump OF settings, boot OS
9 and set the auto-power, dump again, and compare, unless someone already
knows...

John Klos