Subject: Re: on after power fail.
To: Paul Frommeyer <paul@palas.com>
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@floodgap.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/22/2004 21:30:19
> > It was only used on Quadras that required it. Other Quadras supported
> > a "soft" method of performing the same function, which is what is
> > used in all PowerMacs that will run NetBSD.
>
> Ah. I suspect this is a case of my remembering the functionality being
> present in the Quadra machines, but it having a different mechanism
> depending on the model. I know for certain that the Quadra 700 (and it's IIci
> predecessor), the Quadra 800, and at least the first year of IIsi machines
> had the rotatable power button-- use of those models was a requirement
> for the Apple Internet Router servers I installed a plethora of back in
> those days. :-) (As was Macsbug with an "auto-reboot" config... ;-)

The 605 has a physical power switch in back, which is very handy because it
*will* come back on after a power fail ^^ (I know this from experience on my
NetBSD 1.6.2 Q605).

 Cameron Kaiser, Floodgap Systems Ltd * So. Calif., USA * ckaiser@floodgap.com
-- Please dispose of this message in the usual manner. -- Mission: Impossible -