Subject: Booting from CD with -current
To: port-macppc <port-macppc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bob Nestor <bob@murphy.dyndns.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/20/2004 19:18:44
Some folks, including me, have been having problems trying to boot
-current from CD.  I've narrowed the problem down on my system and it
appears to be something in the ofwboot file.

A build of -current from a few days ago fails to boot on my B&W G3.  It
gets a "Default Catch" while trying to load netbsd.macppc.  The version
of ofwboot.xcf is 1.10.

Replacing the ofwboot.xcf file with an old version 1.7 and the system
boots just fine.  It also boots fine using the 1.7 version of
ofwboot.elf.

I'll have to build another CD to check, but I suspect this is also the
problem with the "C" Snag Key not working when the CD is built to
support this.

Does anyone have any ideas why the 1.10 version is failing on some
systems?

Thanks,
-bob