Subject: Re: the 8600 lives!
To: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/19/2004 18:27:38

Hello,

>> Huh? Somehow I don't understand you... put what back into what?
>
> i need the firmware that does text mode.  where do i find that, and
> how do i
> get it into the video card with NetBSD?
I don't have such a firmware image as I said before. Riccardo
apparently has one.
And you get it into the card using the Matrox flash utility.

> on the other hand, my neighbor has an XP box, i might be able to talk
> him into
> letting my get the right flash into the card on that thing.
No need to do that, the Matrox flasher works on almost any halfway
recent MacOS ( definitely 8.5, and almost certainly on earlier versions
too )

have fun
Michael