Subject: Re: the 8600 lives!
To: Riccardo Mottola <rollei@tiscalinet.it>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/17/2004 12:43:50
Hello,

>> Sadly, OF text mode on the Millennium I doesn't work for me ( Matrox
>> firmware 3.01 I think ) but someone else on this list said he has a
>> firmware image that supports it...
>
> Unfortunately I can=E4t find on my archive CD's the firmware image I=20=

> used.
> But I will check if  at boot the card reports its firmware release and
> see if it is different from 3.01. Maybe the firmware can be 'read' =
with
> an utility and then I can give it to you.
> Or maybe my card is a different matrox...

The Matrox flash utility reports the firmware version, unfortunately it=20=

doesn't allow you to save the current ROM :/
On the other hand - writing a firmware dumper under NetBSD isn't at all=20=

problematic - just enable the ROM ( it should be enabled anyway when=20
the card runs as console ), map it into user space and put it into a=20
file.

If you can't find an easy way to dump it I'll just write such a program.

have fun
Michael=