Subject: Re: shitty performance on my PB G4
To: orientalsoul <orientalsoul@yahoo.com>
From: Paul Frommeyer <paul@palas.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/12/2004 01:28:00
| What happened to the whole stable FreeBSD platform that this OS was built on?

Um, OS X is built on an operating system called Darwin.
	http://developer.apple.com/darwin/
	http://www.opendarwin.org

Darwin shares architectural and ancestral commons with the related
operating systems FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, and, well, anything that's
BSD-related. :-)

As to your specific problems, I must agree with Mr. Klos: you've got
a heap o' hardware trouble there. Apple turned my G3 PowerBook around in
about a week for warranty service, but as always YMMV.

FWIW,
	Paul
                          Paul "Corwin" Frommeyer
             Work         Internet Engineer, CCIE               Play
     Senior Network Engineer                          Network Sorcerer At Large
   Deskey Integrated Branding                            Paul's Fone Company
     pfrommeyer@deskey.com                                corwin@palas.com
          *** Speaking solely for myself unless otherwise noted ***