Subject: Re: More NetBSD 2.0 problems
To: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/11/2004 21:02:23
Hello,

>> Hmm, I have something that's possibly related - the USB bus locks up
>> after a while. It doesn't seem to be load related - I can't reliably
>> provoke it by transferring lots of data so it seems to be totally
>> random, it happens even when I only use a keyboard, usually within an
>> hours.
>>
>> I'm using a CMD OHCI card in a UMAX S900 running NetBSD 2.0G from
>> yesterday - this happened with all 2.0 versions I tried (started with
>> 2.0F and updated pretty often) No idea about 1.6.2, didn't use it
>> heavy enough to be sure about it, but it didn't seem to have this
>> problem.
>
> Try this: if your card is in one of the three lower slots (assuming
> the S900 has the same orientation as a 9600), then try it in the top
> three slots and see if the problem still happens.
Well, the lower 4 slots are controlled by a PCI bridge, I can't move
the USB card into one of the upper slots because the SCSI/Ethernet
board doesn't fit anywhere else and the graphics board has a weird
firmware problem that keeps it from working behind a PCI bridge...

> If the problem goes away, then there are a few other problems to
> discuss. If not, well, not sure what to tell you.
I'll try it without SCSI/Ethernet, although that can only be temporary.

have fun
Michael