Subject: shitty performance on my PB G4
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: orientalsoul <orientalsoul@yahoo.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/10/2004 23:45:53
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question, but I
have a 17" powerbook G4, 1.3Ghz, 512RAM, running OS10.3.

HELP!

A mechanical problem I have is that the latch does not stay shut, it
opens on it's own and starts up when I don't want it to (like when it's
in my backpack).  Apple says it will fix it, but I need to have it sent
to Texas and lose use of it for several weeks.  If anyone out there
knows of this problem and knows a practical fix, I'd love to hear it.

The other thing that is such a pain is that the mac keep cycling (the
rainbow colored circle keeps spinning) often for several minutes,
before it gives me the log in dialogue box.  When I type in my
password, the screen pops up and once I try to do anything in any
application, including finder, it goes back to sleep.  usually, I end
up taking out the battery, then rebooting, What happened to the whole
stable FreeBSD platform that this OS was built on?

I'm so disappointed, if any of you can help, much obliged!

Yau