Subject: Re: new 8600 motherboard
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: m. kolb <muk@bender.cl.msu.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/10/2004 08:55:24

> Some data points that may or may not be of any help ;-) :
>
> - I'm not sure, but the 8600 might be willing to boot MacOS off
>   the ZIP if it just has an HFS filesystem and blessed system
>   folder on it
>

> | bah.  back to the zip boot disk idea, i think that's probably best.  what d
> | i need to do to get a bootable ZIP+root disk made?
> |
> | -brian

I can't believe I've not said anything til now, I think I must've been
sleeping or something.  Anyways, I had an 8600 working fine quite some
time ago.  However! I had to remove the ZIP drive to make it work.  I
can't remember the specifics, but I do remember I had to unplug the ZIP
from the scsi chain.  If you're up for grasping at straws, try that.

./muk

--
m. kolb  <muk@msu.edu>