Subject: Re: new 8600 motherboard
To: David P. Reese Jr. <daver@gomerbud.com>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/05/2004 11:17:16
On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 07:58:00PM -0700, David P. Reese Jr. wrote:

> Brian,
> Do you see anything interesting in your dhcpd logs?  I'd be curious whether
> you have the same version of OpenFirmware on the new board.  The netboot
> client is after all implemented in OF.

nothing exciting.  just the request coming in, and dhcpd sending a reply back
out, the same thing i see from tcpdump basically.

hmmm, i'm not real fond of the idea of putting the old motherboard back in to
check for firmware versions, but i could certainly be bothered to get you the
version of the current board if you'll tell me how to do that. :)

also, is there a way to update the firmware?  should i do that?

-brian
--
"The cats tend to administer themselves, and contrary to the expected facts,
the house and everything in it was installed for their benefit."   -- Nic Clews