Subject: Re: new 8600 motherboard
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: David P. Reese Jr. <daver@gomerbud.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/04/2004 19:58:00
On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 01:28:47PM -0700, jb13@gomerbud.com wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 03:27:35PM -0400, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> > well, i got the new motherboard for my 8600.  it will no longer netboot however.
> > i put the new mac address in the dhcpd config file, try to boot it, and it
> > fails.  fire up tcpdump, and i see it sending requests, i see the dhcp server
> > sending replies, but nothing else.
> >
> > any clues how to figure out why this isn't working anymore?
>
> i had this same problem on my 8500, it would send requests, get replies,
> but just sit there and do nothing. i think it wants broken bootp replies,
> is there a compat option for dhcpd?

James,
I cannot remember if we ever got your 8500 to work.  I remember playing with
the always-reply-rfc1048 option in dhcpd.conf.

Brian,
Do you see anything interesting in your dhcpd logs?  I'd be curious whether
you have the same version of OpenFirmware on the new board.  The netboot
client is after all implemented in OF.

   David P. Reese, Jr.                                  daver at gomerbud.com