Subject: Re: XFree86, more updates
To: Andreas Drewke <andreas_dr@gmx.de>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/29/2004 14:28:38
Hello,

> Does this mean its now possible to start XFree86(at least) on
> NetBSD/macppc
> without patching ppc_video.c with M L Riechers hack?? Did you
> committed it
> already? Will newer releng builds include it?I really like to try it
> out...
I don't know about this hack, but what I did also involves changes in
ppc_video.c ( and a few other files ). No, I didn't commit anything
since I don't have the right kind of access permissions.
But to answer the question - yes, most XFree drivers should just work
now. You need a small kernel patch and a not so small patch in XFree,
I'll make them available to download in the next few days - would be
intresting if anything besides my voodoo3 ( your BeOS driver was a
great help! ) works at all - it /should/ but you never know...

have fun
Michael