Subject: Re: XFree86, more updates
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/27/2004 21:53:27
Hello,

>> But something completely different - I started hacking the tdfx DRM
>> module - I have absolutely no idea how the source that came with XFree
>> could ever compile on any NetBSD system - got it compiled but modload
>> complains about it being for a different kernel version... so I have
>> figure out where the source gets its version info from, can't be the
>> kernel source or it would match.
>
> The LKM system now keeps track of the settings for DEBUG, DIAGNOSTIC,
> LOCKDEBUG, MULTIPROCESSOR, and MALLOCLOG. So if your kernel is compiled
> with any of the above and the LKM was compiled without, it won't load.

Yep, finally bothered to look at the kernel output and there it
complained about missing DIAGNOSTIC - added it, now it loads. Had to
change a few more things - it wanted major number 34 which is
apparently taken - changed it to dynamic - now it attaches, finds the
voodoo board and when X tries to use it I get a kernel panic... oh
well, there are more important things than this ( like getting xfree
drivers to work unchanged )

have fun
Michael