Subject: Re: wd0a didn't mount
To: Thomas Miller <tom@insolvencyhelp.org>
From: Paul Frommeyer <paul@palas.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/23/2004 17:05:30

Addressing a lone point:

| > on an O F 3 emac . In the 'reinstall sets or
| > install additional sets' option ,
|
| Is this a new install?  If yes, why are you using
| the 'reinstall sets or install new sets option' ?

Presumably, because with a New World OFW3 machine, the
instructions in the Install manual (p. 57 in my version, YMMV)
indicate that this is necessary to preserve the HFS+ partition
on the boot disk where the XCOFF loader lives. I did all
our G4/AGP's following this procedure with no problems.

I suspect the partitions weren't newfs'ed (that's how I
got the same error :-D), but a copy of disklabel output for wd0 per
the install manual might be helpful.

FWIW,
	Paul
                              Paul Frommeyer
             Work         Internet Engineer, CCIE               Play
     Senior Network Engineer                          Network Sorcerer At Large
   Deskey Integrated Branding                            Paul's Fone Company
     pfrommeyer@deskey.com                                corwin@palas.com
          *** Speaking solely for myself unless otherwise noted ***