Subject: wd0a didn't mount
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org, markel@metta.lk>
From: Thomas Miller <tom@insolvencyhelp.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/23/2004 15:21:15
"markel" <markel@metta.lk> wrote:

> I am installing netbsd 1.6.1

Excellent!!  Presumably you know that the current
vesion is 1.6.2.

> on an O F 3 emac . In the 'reinstall sets or
> install additional sets' option ,

Is this a new install?  If yes, why are you using
the 'reinstall sets or install new sets option' ?

> it tells me wd0a didn't mount successfully

Please excuse me, but maybe this is because you
didn't yet create wd0a if you are not following
the correct order of the install steps.

I think it might be helpful if you could tell us
what you already have done from the beginning of
the install up to the time you encountered the
problem.

> , I am sure that wd0a is my root partition .

Yes, wd0a usually is the root partition.

> please be clear ,

Certainly you should feel free to ask more
questions about anything you do not understand.

> I've never used a unix-like system before .

You are fortunate to be starting with the best.

Sometimes it is good, at first, to do the
simplest, default install.  If you run into
problems it can be helpful to restart the
install from the very beginning, carefully
rechecking that you are following all the
instructions.

> THANKS!

You are welcome.

> --
> A saying of the Buddha from http://metta.lk/
> Get your Dhamma Books from http://books.metta.lk/
> He is not thereby an Elder (thera) merely because his head is grey. Ripe is
> his age. "Old-in-vain" is he called.
> Random Dhammapada Verse 260
>

> --
> A saying of the Buddha from http://metta.lk/
> Get your Dhamma Books from http://books.metta.lk/
> Whosoever with no desire (for the household) finds pleasure in the forest
> (of asceticism) and, though freed from desire (for the household), (yet)
> runs back to that very home. Come, behold that man! Freed, he runs back into
> that very bondage.
> Random Dhammapada Verse 344

The Perfect One has told the cause
of causally arisen things
And what brings their cessation, too:
Such is the doctrine taught by the Great Monk.

Ven. Assaji's answer to Upatissa's request
for an explanation of the Buddha's teaching.
  - Mahavagga I.23.5