Subject: Toolchain failures on 7457
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/20/2004 19:20:50
Hi,

I am seeing a very strange problem. For a while, I thought that self
building 2.0 was broken. However, it was just because my test 2.0 system
happens to have a G4 7457 processor. I'd see various gas errors while
building and so on. I'll paste some into an email to the list a little
later.

However, that 7457 went into another system, and I had a regular 500 MHz
7400 in there. I could build 2.0 again, and I just thought that the source
tree / toolchain issues were fixed.

Now I have another 7457 accelerator installed, and I'm seeing that I can
no longer build 2.0! Note I use no optimisation strings, and I have been
using the snapshots straight from releng.netbsd.org. Every other aspect of
the hardware has been well tested.

This strikes me as being very strange... anyone have any ideas on what
could be causing this? Is anyone else running a 7457 processor in their
macppc machine?

Thanks,
John Klos