Subject: Re: vgahw and so on
To: Matthieu Herrb <matthieu.herrb@laas.fr>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/20/2004 04:19:30
Hello,

> Look at the pci domain code in XFree86
> (xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/Domain.note). There is code to handle
> multiple PCI host bridges and probe their address from the OS.
Yep, it looks at /proc/pci/something in Linux.

>  You may need to implement something in the NetBSD kernel to get the
> correct mappings for each host bridge tough, as probing it from
> userland is not  the right thing to do.
Exactly my point. It should probably be part of libpci - another
ioctl() for /dev/pci<n> to find out where the IO space of the
corresponding PCI bus is mapped to. Let's see what the kernel gurus
think, this should be an issue on other architectures without intelish
IO instructions ( like sparc ) too.

have fun
Michael