Subject: Re: vgahw and so on
To: Matthieu Herrb <matthieu.herrb@laas.fr>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/19/2004 23:52:25
Hello,

> XFree86 already provides this level of abstraction, to handle the
> needed cache flushes (and even the various MMIO base adresses for
> multiple cards on different busses attached to different host
> bridges).
>
> See the xf86{Read,Write}Mmio() functions in
> xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common/compiler.h.

Ok, now I've found what's missing - NetBSD/macppc maps PCI IO space to
0xf2000000 on my box and XFree86 doesn't know that. That's it. I'll
probably have it working for my card in the next few hours but a
general solution is a little more difficult, because the 2nd bandit
found in some PowerMacs would use a different address, and no idea what
the other PCI host-bridges do, we need some kind of generic solution
here, but that shouldn't be too difficult.

have fun
Michael