Subject: Re: E100
To: Jeff Walther <trag@io.com>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/15/2004 22:44:23
Hello,

>> This particular card is specific to the Umax S900 - I've never seen
>> any other
>>  variant of the PowerMac 9500 motherboard that has that strange
>> little slot
>>  behind the PCI slot. Also, the S900 is the only 9500 variant that
>> uses a
>>  PCI-PCI bridge to get six PCI slots; all the others use a mainbus to
>> PCI bridge.
>
> Picking nits--the J700 also has the extended PCI slot and the PCI-PCI
> Bridge.   Of course, one could argue that the J700 is an S900.
Phew, good thing I didn't get around to check the machine name from OF
:)
The patch tries to make sure it only touches E100s by looking at PCI
0:11:0 for a DEC 21140 and at PCI 0:0d:0 for a Qlogic ISP - and only if
it finds both it will do anything. So it should work on the J700 too.

> In other words, the J700 motherboard is the same as the S900 with
> fewer components soldered down.
Ah, so far I thought the J700 is a castrated S900 without the PCI
bridge ( and only one bandit )

have fun
Michael