Subject: Re: my 8600
To: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/15/2004 15:29:38
Hello,

>>> now, if only i could get perl58 to build.  bah.
>> Works fine for me ( G3/NetBSD 2.0G )
>> What exactly goes wrong?
>
> it fails with:
>
> ./miniperl -w -Ilib -MExporter -e '<?>' || /usr/bin/make minitest
> Attempt to free unreferenced scalar: SV 0x190b58c.
> ./miniperl -Ilib configpm configpm.tmp
> Use of uninitialized value in null operation at configpm line 666.
> Undefined subroutine &main:: called at configpm line 666.
> *** Error code 255
Do you have any CPU-specific optimization stuff in CFLAGS or so?
I had exactly the same error on a 604e box running AIX - removing -O2
and -mcpu=604e from CFLAGS cured the problem and allowed perl to build
- maybe not as fast as it could be but at least working. Didn't have
this on my G3 though, seems to be a bug in gcc.

have fun
Michael