Subject: Re: NetBSD 2.0 on 6400
To: Daan Goedkoop <dgoedkoop@web.de>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/15/2004 13:16:08
Hello,

> Thanks, using the 0709 boot-floppies I could upgrade the bootloader
> from 1.7 to 1.10 and now it can boot the 2.0 kernel without problems.
Fine :)

> There is a problem with these floppies, though. When I pressed [ENTER]
> at the terminal type prompt, this was displayed:
>
> /: write failed: file system is full
> [1]    segmentation fault     tset -s -m ":?${TERM}"
Hrm, I've never used the floppies but this looks like a too small RAM
disk... how much memory do you have? I can't really help you there -
never had this sort of problem ( but I never tried NetBSD on a PowerMac
with less than 224MB RAM... )
If I remember correctly there was some talk about too small RAM disks
on install floppies on one or more of the mailing lists, but I'm not
sure if it was macpps, might have been sparc. I'll send this back to
the list, there's surely someone who can help you.

have fun
Michael