Subject: Re: E100 progress
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/14/2004 16:46:49
Hello,

> I got the tulip driver to attach to the E100's DEC 21140 - hardwired
> memory and interrupt to the values the MacOS driver uses - now it
> complains about a broken SROM. Let's see...
SROM is just fine - old DEC format - the driver just didn't attach a
media switch handler... now the E100 gets probed, attaches, finds the
right interface ( 100BaseTX-FDX )... but interrupts don't work yet,
probably trivial to fix.

So - question to the gurus - what do I need to do to NetBSD to reserve
an interrupt and an address range (to map the 21140's registers to) for
me? Hardwiring it seems to work but it's just ugly and may break lots
of other things.

have fun
Michael