Subject: Re: S900/E100 progress (well, sort of)
To: Jeff Walther <trag@io.com>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/14/2004 21:28:50
Hello,

> Oh and going back a couple more messages, the four slots behind the
> PCI-PCI Bridge all share the interrupt which would normally go to slot
> C1.    So the interrupts for D2, E2 and F2 are available (as they
> would be on any three slot machine) and I suspect that it is one of
> those that was used for the E100 card.
You were dead right - or at least set me on the right direction.
Watching systat a little while I noticed IRQ 23 firing once a second
while I tried to ping the 21140 from another box - the JackHammer uses
23 but since the driver didn't attach there shouldn't be interrupts on
this line so I hardwired the 21140 to use 23 too and now it works :D
So, both parts of it sharing an interrupt makes some sort of sense.

To finalize it a few more questions:
- how static is the IRQ assignment? Can I rely on the JackHammer always
sitting on IRQ 23?
- or - should I add some quirks to the tlp driver to grab the IRQ
setting from JackHammer's OF node or try to configure the ethernet part
too if fixpci() encounters a JackHammer in the right slot? Probably
configurable through an option in the kernel config?
- is someone else on this list with a S900 and an E100/Mercury board to
test this? So far it's only proven to run on exactly one box...
or should I just clean it up a little and send-pr the whole thing,
hoping that someone else will do the testing?

have fun
Michael