Subject: Re: booting from this IDE drive
To: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
From: Paul Frommeyer <paul@palas.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/14/2004 20:37:15

Well, my brain has firmware (to say nothing of Forth ;-) marked as "Here
There Be Dragons", however, if the dir command can't access the drive
via that card, then with my limited knowledge I'd tentatively conclude
that there is an OFW compatibility problem with the card's firmware.
What does a "dev / ls" show? I would expect any supported drive nodes to
show up under that card. You've probably already got ADC Tech Notes TN1061,
TN1062, and TN1044 right there, but if you don't, that's where I'd
start for further troubleshooting.  More enlightened commentary definitely
welcome... :-)
FWIW,
	Paul

[snip]

                          Paul "Corwin" Frommeyer
             Work         Internet Engineer, CCIE               Play
     Senior Network Engineer                          Network Sorcerer At Large
   Deskey Integrated Branding                            Paul's Fone Company
     pfrommeyer@deskey.com                                corwin@palas.com
          *** Speaking solely for myself unless otherwise noted ***