Subject: ims twin turbo and the Video odyssey continues
To: netbsd-macppc <port-macppc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Riccardo Mottola <rollei@tiscalinet.it>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/14/2004 22:50:20
Hello,

NetBSD-ppc is a constat frustration for me on the video card side. I am
running a 2.0 pre version so I have an up-to-date Xfree.

I never got my ATI mach64 card to work although it should be
supported... and you can select the driver in xf86config

Now I was able to get my hands on a IMS TwinTurbo 128. Althogh
xfree86.org states it supported as well as in 3.3.6 and in 4.3.0 with am
'imstt' driver, xf86config doesn't list that driver (or I didn't found
it)

I wrote a random configure file with very permissive Video options and
then manually changed the device driver from 's3' to 'imstt'

what I get in the xfree log is:

(II) Module mouse: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
        Module class: XFree86 XInput Driver
        ABI class: XFree86 XInput driver, version 0.4
(II) IMSTT: driver (version 1.0.0) for IMS TwinTurbo chipsets :
imstt128,
        imstt3d
(EE) No devices detected.

so the driver seems to be there but not visible by xf86config and in any
case something continues to fail.

-Riccardo