Subject: booting string ?
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Zinneken <zinneken@yahoo.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/08/2004 01:59:56
I've sent this email out earlier this week, but I'm really screwed
and could use some help in getting my machine to boot NetBSD.

NetBSD installed successfully, but can't load. Here is what I did on
my Apus 3000/C600

Installed succesfully NetBSD on the standard internal IDE drive
through the standard SCSI CD-ROM (Finally !! :-) )
selected to reboot as per asked by the installer program.
since, I keep getting first "default catch" errors and after "claim
failed errors.

load-base & real-base are correct (I've re-set them a hundred times)
I'm using an ATI display card
I'm using the original ADB keyboard
I've retried to boot many times
- in one same open firmware session
- after reset-all commands
I've used both
- boot ata/ATA-Disk@0:0
- 0 boot ata/ATA-Disk@0:0 ofwboot.xcf

None seem to want to kick in the booting process.

I always get the same message when doing the first boot of an open
firmware session ::OF-open bootpath=AAPL,ROM
read stage 2 blocks : 01234567. done!
starting stage 2 ...
DEFAULT CATCH etc.

What am I doing wrong to get it booting? Any help or suggestions more
then appreciated.