Subject: OF reset - Troubleshooting experience
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Zinneken <zinneken@yahoo.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/04/2004 02:55:33
A little info about my so far encountered Open Firmware problem.

On an Umax Apus 3000 I got to the OF prompt through the built in
video controller.
I did the procedure for using the PCI Video card (An ATI).
On the reset-all command I got to the balnk screen.

The FAQ tells a variety of methods to reset a corrupt OF. None of
them worked (including waiting for hours !!), instead, the following
helped (courtesy of the BootVars ReadMe file):

doing a soft reset (command-control-power); while the first chord
sounds, hold down the command, option, R and P keys simultaneously.
Your machine should then start to reboot under MacOS with all the
default settings.