Subject: Re: getting Serial Console on an 8600
To: Paul Frommeyer <paul@palas.com>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/02/2004 15:27:32
On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 11:43:47AM -0700, Paul Frommeyer wrote:

> That does sound like a settings mismatch. However, in two very rare cases,
> one with a Telebit Trailblazer modem and the other with the aforementioned
> Quadra 800, I've seen this behavior as a result of TxD and RxD being the
> wrong way 'round. There is also the remote possibility that the ground
> circuit is not complete; that could also cause what you're seeing.
> FWIW,

the connectors look a little dirty, i'll have to try cleaning them, since:

(/root/) C-Kermit>set line /dev/tty00
(/root/) C-Kermit>set serial 8N1
(/root/) C-Kermit>set speed 38400
/dev/tty00, 38400 bps
(/root/) C-Kermit>set carrier-watch off
(/root/) C-Kermit>set flow-control none
(/root/) C-Kermit>set modem type none
(/root/) C-Kermit>connect
Connecting to /dev/tty00, speed 38400
 Escape character: Ctrl-\ (ASCII 28, FS): enabled
Type the escape character followed by C to get back,
or followed by ? to see other options.
øþøþøþøþ

-brian
--
"Performing a Google search on the fairly unique name you've chosen weeks
ago for a piece of software you're writing, only to discover that the