Subject: Re: getting Serial Console on an 8600
To: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
From: Paul Frommeyer <paul@palas.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/02/2004 11:43:47
| it seems like there is now a speed/parity/etc mismatch of some sort as i get
| nothing but garbage on the screen when i hit enter.

That does sound like a settings mismatch. However, in two very rare cases,
one with a Telebit Trailblazer modem and the other with the aforementioned
Quadra 800, I've seen this behavior as a result of TxD and RxD being the
wrong way 'round. There is also the remote possibility that the ground
circuit is not complete; that could also cause what you're seeing.
FWIW,
	Paul

                          Paul "Corwin" Frommeyer
             Work         Internet Engineer, CCIE               Play
     Senior Network Engineer                          Network Sorcerer At Large
   Deskey Integrated Branding                            Paul's Fone Company
     pfrommeyer@deskey.com                                corwin@palas.com
          *** Speaking solely for myself unless otherwise noted ***