Subject: getting Serial Console on an 8600
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/02/2004 07:52:12
ok, i got all the cabling i need to get serial console on this thing.  I cannot
get anything on it however.

in /etc/remote on my laptop:

macon:dv=/dev/dty00:br#38400:pa=none:dc:

but i get nothing.  i even tried it using HyperTerm (EEEWW!!) on my g/f's
laptop and still nothing.

the nvram was reset (as one of the first things i did) so the output and input
are set to default.  shouldn't that pick up the serial console?

i'm supposed to be using the printer port, correct?

what could i possibly be doing wrong?

-brian
--
"Performing a Google search on the fairly unique name you've chosen weeks
ago for a piece of software you're writing, only to discover that the