Subject: Re: bootable CDs
To: Bruce ONeel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/01/2004 07:14:04
On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 09:56:20PM +0100, Bruce ONeel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I finally got a chance to try this with the iso on the ftp.netbsd.org
> ftp site.  No go, the 'C' key trick didn't work on my
> clamshell iBook.

well, in the meantime i found out that my 8600 doesn't do the C trick, so i had
to get to the OpenFirmware and boot from there.  except i think my cd-rom drive
is borked, since it made horrible grinding noises and then gave up and booted
into MacOS9 from the HDD.  then, if i would try to copy files off of the cd
from OS9, it would hang the machine.  ah well.  got another drive on the way,
plus i've been booting from floppies and getting the dist from the network.
need to grab a db25 gender-bender today so i can make a serial console cable
for the mac and try again tomorrow and see if 2.0 or -current will make it
through the install process without panicing the kernel.

-brian
--
"Performing a Google search on the fairly unique name you've chosen weeks
ago for a piece of software you're writing, only to discover that the