Subject: Re: Toolchain build fails for 1.6
To: Matthew Kolb <muk@msu.edu>
From: Paul Frommeyer <paul@palas.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/28/2004 13:51:41

Excellent; I'll do a make clean and give this a try.

Meanwhile, if we can pretend that I don't actually build kernels
on a regular basis and that my docs and software versions may
be out of sync, might I ask for more details as to what "by hand"
will constitute? If this is just config/cd/make depend I'm good...
With many thanks,
	Paul

| On Jun 28, 2004, at 4:19 PM, Paul Frommeyer wrote:
|  > /usr/src#uname -v
| > NetBSD 1.6 (GENERIC) #0: Sun Sep  8 22:04:33 UTC 2002
| > autobuild@tgm.daemon.org:/autobuild/macppc/OBJ/autobuild
| > /src/sys/arch/macppc/compile/GENERIC
| >
| > Which is entirely vanilla except for:
| >
| > /usr/src#pkg_info
| > lynx-2.8.5.0.7      Alphanumeric display oriented World-Wide Web Client
| > digest-20021220     Message digest wrapper utility
| >
| > Note that the toolchain build installed the digest package. After
| > fetching
| > the CVS sources from a mirror with
| > 	cvs checkout -rnetbsd-1-6 -PA src
| > I then issue
| > 	cd /usr/src
| > 	./build.sh tools
|

| I'm thinking, based on your version of build.sh, you'll want to do
| ./build.sh -t
| (instead of tools (which is for 2.0 or -current)), then build a kernel
| by hand (install it), then ./build.sh to install your new userland.
|
| ./muk
|
| --
| m. kolb  <muk@msu.edu>

                          Paul "Corwin" Frommeyer
             Work         Internet Engineer, CCIE               Play
     Senior Network Engineer                          Network Sorcerer At Large
   Deskey Integrated Branding                            Paul's Fone Company
     pfrommeyer@deskey.com                                corwin@palas.com
          *** Speaking solely for myself unless otherwise noted ***