Subject: Re: Toolchain build fails for 1.6
To: Paul Frommeyer <paul@palas.com>
From: Matthew Kolb <muk@msu.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/28/2004 16:58:08
On Jun 28, 2004, at 4:51 PM, Paul Frommeyer wrote:

> Excellent; I'll do a make clean and give this a try.
>
> Meanwhile, if we can pretend that I don't actually build kernels
> on a regular basis and that my docs and software versions may
> be out of sync, might I ask for more details as to what "by hand"
> will constitute? If this is just config/cd/make depend I'm good...
> With many thanks,
> 	Paul

well, i think what the deal is here, is that by cvs co'ing -rnetbsd-1-6
you are getting the "1.6" branch which is going to equate to you
getting the latest greatest 1.6 (1.6.2, effectively).

additionally, if you're going to checkout src and build a new kernel,
you should build a new world. w/o fail.  otherwise you're asking for
problems.  if you don't modify your srcs (via cvs up or cvsup or
whatever), then feel free to build and install a billion different
kernels w/o changing userland.  but again, if you update your srcs, you
should plan on building both.

so, what i'm trying to say is, there is no short cut here for you in
this situation, afaik.

--
m. kolb  <muk@msu.edu>