Subject: Re: 8600 installation
To: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/28/2004 11:11:38
On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 02:54:43PM +0000, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> > ok, got it booted into sysinst.  everything i type is in CAPS.  this is
> > making things a bit hard for me. ;)
> >
> > is this a known bug?  something silly i can do to fix it?  an no, Caps Lock is
> > not on.  it doesn't seem to do anything at all actually.
> >
> > this is the ADB keyboard and onboard video i'm using to install this.
>
> Is it 2.0 or -current? Do you have the same problem with 1.6.2 install
> floppies?

i'm sorry, i forgot to say what version i was using.  I was using 1.6.2 boot
floppies.  i tried 1.5.3, but that doesn't support my IDE card out of the box.

should i try 2.0 or -current instead?

i think i need to get the last little bits i need to get serial console on this
thing.  it's impossible to see what really went wrong with the gfx console since
it goes black too fast.

-brian
--
"Performing a Google search on the fairly unique name you've chosen weeks
ago for a piece of software you're writing, only to discover that the