Subject: Re: X11 on iBook G4: flickering screen
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/25/2004 16:35:24
On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 08:49:25AM -0600, Matthieu Herrb wrote:
> Try the attached patch (from Rene Rebe, Rock Linux)
> It fixed the similar problem many people had on iBooks under OpenBSD.

Opinions how this should be integrated, anyone? If I commit that as-is,
I could break regular radeon boards on PowerPC machines. Do we want that?

An alternative would be to add a ibookradeon driver. The .c file would
just include radeon_driver.c with a define so that we get the right code.
We would loose the ability to get X autoconfigured by XFree86 -configure,
but at least we won't break anything. iBook users would just have to use
the ibookradeon driver instead of the radeon driver.

Comments?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu@netbsd.org