Subject: Install on PowerBook
To: Roger Midmore <roger@cs.wisc.edu>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/25/2004 14:51:38
> I've got a PowerBook G4 15" that I want to install NetBSD on. I've Mac os
> X on one partion, and don't want to erase that partition. I've used Apples
> pdisk to create two Apple_UNIX_SVR2 partions for the root and swap
> partitions. The problem I have is when i run the installer and use
> disklabel wd0 ,the partitions don't show up. I was wondering if I have to
> use NetBSD's version of newfs on the partitions first before running the
> installer.

When you run a shell, disklabel wd0 should show the partitions. If this is
not the case, please show us what pdisk outputs (you can do that on MacOS X,
so that you can cut/paste

The dual booting setup is not easy with the installer. If it does not work
out, you can do the job by hand: format with newfs,  unpack the .tgz files,
create fstab and the device files, and put ofwboot.xcf somewhere OF can
read it (the MacOS X boot partition is a good place)

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu@netbsd.org